The CAA is able to offer a complete payroll service to clients
that includes payroll processing of:
• leave applications;
• higher duties;
• overtime, penalties and allowances;
• increments and claims for prior service;
• staff appointments and staff separations.
We also provide establishment management
services, customised reporting, preparation of VER /
redundancy calculations and payments, administration of
WorkCover claims and the co-ordination of ill-health
A key feature of our payroll service is
that we will provide your agency with a dedicated account
manager to focus on delivering your service needs and
Our flexible human resource information
system allows for the electronic lodgement of leave forms
and email distribution of pay advice slips and PAYG Payment
Summaries. It also enables individuals to electronically
view their leave histories and balances. These and other
modules ensure that information is available to clients as
and when required – a driving philosophy within the CAA!
Back to Top
The CAA can assist clients in selecting the right staff for
their agency by providing responsive recruitment
administration services that includes:
• arranging press and on-line advertising;
• collation and distribution of applications;
• preparing appointment documents; and
• providing administrative support for transfers and
We are also able to answer employment inquiries on behalf of
your agency; respond to unsolicited job applications;
deliver exit interviews and provide traineeship, work
experience and volunteer administration services.
Back to Top
Workforce Relations Services
The CAA provides clients with expert advice and consultancy
services which include:
• Investigation of and advice in relation to matters such as
diminished performance, absenteeism, unacceptable workplace
conduct; harassment and other grievances.
• Conflict resolution and mediation.
• Assistance with formal disciplinary processes, including
representation at the various appeals tribunals applicable
to the Queensland public sector.
• Representation in the Industrial Relations Commission in
relation to industrial disputes and enterprise bargaining.
• Advice in relation to interpretation and implementation of
legislation and Awards.
• Development of Codes of Conduct and delivery of ethics
For some matters it may be desirable that
advice and services are seen to be independent of the
organisation. Alternatively, internal expertise may not be
available within required timeframes. CAA Workforce
Relations Consultants are highly skilled and experienced and
may be able to assist your agency with the provision of
independent advice and services.
Back to Top
Workforce Strategy Services
The CAA provides clients with the
following workforce strategy products and services -
• Employment equity: Advice and assistance in developing,
implementing and evaluating EEO management plans and
• Recruitment consultancy: Assistance with the development
of selection tools and independent panel membership, both
for competitive merit processes and assessment of the
suitability of deployees.
• Workforce development: Design and delivery of training
programs and design and, conduct of training needs analyses; brokerage services including the development
of formal training provider specifications and briefs; and
design and implementation of training evaluation
methodologies. Our signature training programs include:
Customer Service Training; Harrassment Referral Officer Training; Managing in a Public Sector Environment (MIPSE) Program; Reasonable Management Action (RMA) training; Selection Panel Training.
• Work environment: Assistance with the case-management of
complex ill-health matters; advice on and brokerage of
rehabilitation and other specialist providers; development
and implementation of exit interview processes and
• Workforce analysis and planning: strategic workforce
planning; QPASS administration and reporting; job analysis,
position description development and JEMS evaluation.
2017 HR Training Calendar
Independent consultancy advice and
services may be particularly important in sensitive
selection processes and the evaluation of classification
levels. The CAA welcomes enquiries in relation to providing
assistance on these matters.
Back to Top